You’ll be able to play City of Steam again on May 10th; in just two short weeks you’ll be able to walk the streets of Nexus once more!
It’s been a while since we’ve opened up the game to all you fantastic dudes and dudettes (cowabunga!), and we’d like to invite you to once again join us and test the game before the live version is launched. Now you’re of course all saying: “But hey, you said that you were going to do Open Beta next!” …we still are! This is a prelude to that. Think “early admission”. Let’s run you through some of the details:
- This is an exclusive ‘early access’ type of Beta; we’ll be using keys again and we plan to open it up as soon as possible. Newsletter subscriber? We’ll send you a key, guaranteed.
- Relax Collaborators, you will have your guaranteed spot, and a head start.
- This will be a continuous full-time Beta, except for some inevitable maintenance and patching down-time.
- This is a ramp-up to the Open Beta. Depending on issues and feedback, this could end pretty quickly after May 10th. (Though not within a week, you silly goose!)
- A character wipe is not planned; if there is something REALLY problematic that pops up we might have to, but we will try to avoid this at all costs.
- We’re going to start off with 3 classes (Gunner, Arcanist, Warden) and 4 races (Heartlanders, Stoigmari, Avens and Ostenians) and build up to the 4th class (Channeler) and the 7 other races throughout the early access Beta.
- We’re launching our ‘early admission’ type of Beta on May 10th.
- This is a key supported ‘prelude’ ramping up to Open Beta.
- Newsletter subscribers will get keys.
- Collaborators will have guaranteed access.
- This is a continuous Beta, not just weekends.
- We’re starting off with 3 classes and 4 races and building up from there throughout the Beta.
- We’ll have more information about new content and changes soon (Dev Journals!)
- Do you want more of these TLDRs? (They’re kind of nifty, aren’t they?)
Thank you all for joining us in this wild ride we like to call “development and testing”. We hope to see you in the Forum, but most of all soon again in the grand city of Nexus!